Ibar river originates on the northern side of the mountain Hajla, in Montenegro. It belongs to the Black Sea drainage basin with total length of 272 km. Its river basin covers big part of autonomy province Kosovo and Metohija including rivers Sitnica, Lab and Drenica. Probably, throughout the territory of the city of Kraljevo, Ibar hides its the most attractive parts. The place where it kisses the West Morava and other confluences with smaller mountain streams and rivers, meanders around a picturesque medieval Maglic castle or attractive rapids where the national and the European kayak on wild waters championships are being held throughout the years. Before it enters into the city, Ibar river runs through a beautiful gorge, following the so called Ibarska magistrala (regional road). This is not an ordinary gorge, this is The Valley of the Serbian Kings! We invite you to enjoy riding the rapids in one of the most popular and attractive rivers in Serbia.
The rafting tour starts in Usce at eleven o’clock (43°28'10.3"N 20°37'06.4"E), where you will meet your rafting guides (skippers). This is the meeting point of Ibar and Studenica rivers, too. You will have an opportunity to change and to pick all necessary rafting equipment depending the weather conditions and season (usually: a paddle, life jacket, neoprene suite, neoprene boots and a helmet). You need to bring a passport or an ID with you on the tour, a bathing suit, towels, sun glasses, a cap, suntan cream and a big smile J.Spare clothing, T-shirts, pants, sweatshirt, socks and underwear is good to have for the end of a tour. It’s also recommended to bring some candy bars, water and refreshing beverages in plastic bottles, and without alcohol. Safety comes first, skippers will give you instructions for a safe and fun tour. All the participants will receive personal guidance and attention with the right information in English. A short instruction and training will be provided to ensure a wonderful and exciting river experience. Every raft boat has its own skipper and usually 4-9 participants. Our professional skippers are skilled and experienced locals, the experts of the Ibar watercourse. There are no skills required for the trip, besides being able to swim and not being afraid of water.
The river is passable for all kind of boats year-round, making for some exciting Class III rapids, according to International Rafting Federation classification. The rafting itself lasts from 2,5 to 3 hours, depending on the water altitude, length of breaks and a chosen route. In total we raft about 15 km with a possibility to extend the tour. Two of the most exciting rapids are Grmcic and Jagnjilo. We will pass by the monument to Serbian soldiers from the First World War period as well as under several pedestrian and railway bridges. Ibar is wild in a couple of rapids where provides great opportunities for extreme athletes on the water, but also offers a relaxing and idyllic boating with moderate rapids, for those who are not so adventurous. Rafting in Ibar is perfect for most visitors, families, rafting beginners and experienced rafters alike. There will be time for playing, swimming and taking photos as well, on shingle beaches and other places that are convenient for rest. At the end of the day, you will have a chance to visit the spectacular Maglic castle with a tourist guide and to enjoy the amazing view on the Ibar river gorge. Join us at the most popular summer activity in The valley of Serbian Kings!
Prices per person:
- 3 hours white water rafting on the Ibar River
- rafting boat rental and all of the necessary equipment (a paddle, life jacket, hooded waterproof parka, neoprene suites, neoprene boots and helmets)
- experienced skippers (rafting guides), one by raft boat
- one waterproof bag per raft boat
- rafting organization and full logistical support
- transfer from the place we end rafting back to Usce (the beginning spot of rafting)
Price does not includes:
- transfers to and from Usce to your hotel (on request)
- individual costs expenses
- special requests
- gratuities (optional)
* The price for children is the same.
- Please note that the activity provider requires 4 participants or more to arrange this activity.
- You need to bring a bathing suit, towels, sun glasses, a cap and a suntan cream. Spare clothing, T-shirts, pants, sweatshirt, socks and underwear is good to have for the end of a tour.
- Children accompanied by one parent from 7 to 12 years old are welcome. Children from 12 should have written parental consent. The price for children is the same.
- Participants should indicate height, weight and shoe size for the equipment.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions as well as not for pregnant women.
- You can bring your camera, at your own risk.
- Possible to arrange a transfer by tourist class vehicles from your accommodation address to Usce and back.
- Possible to arrange a professional photographer, cameraman or a drone pilot.